Artichoke & Fontina Pizzas
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus overnight marinating
- SERVINGS: Makes two 10-inch pizzas
- 16 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small dried red pepper
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- Two 8-ounce balls of store-bought pizza dough
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely grated imported Fontina cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts with 1 cup of the olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and chile pepper. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate the artichokes overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Dust a work surface with cornmeal and roll out each piece of pizza dough to a 10-inch round. Transfer to baking sheets. Drizzle the rounds with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 8 minutes, until the dough looks dry and bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from the oven.
- Chop the artichokes into bite-size pieces; drain them on paper towels. Sprinkle the Fontina over the pizzas; distribute the artichokes over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper; return the pizzas to the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the edges are browned. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.