- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup broken angel hair pasta or thin egg noodles
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 pound fresh chorizo or hot Italian sausage, cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- Hot sauce and lemon slices, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large, deep nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the broken pasta and cook over high heat until very lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the onion, chicken and chorizo and cook over high heat until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the broth and water, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the rice is tender and the chicken and sausage are cooked, 15 minutes. Stir in the peppers and peas, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with hot sauce and lemon slices.
Juicy, peppery Zinfandel.