- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 Roasted Deviled Chicken Thighs, skin and bones discarded, chicken cut into 1-inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the smoked paprika, oregano and cumin and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the chicken broth, rice and chicken meat, bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for 18 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the peas, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the rice and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the rice into bowls, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.