- 3 tablespoons Puerto Rican Annatto Oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 6 ounces sliced Spanish chorizo
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a Dutch oven or large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers and chorizo and sauté for five minutes, until the chorizo is beginning to brown and the vegetables are softened. Add the adobo, cumin, garlic and rice and sauté for two minutes over moderate heat.
Pour in the chicken broth, while stirring, then cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, fluff with a fork and serve.