- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 large thyme sprigs
- 2 strips orange zest
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- Four 8.75-ounce cans large snails (see Note), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- About 48 snail shells, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine the wine, water, garlic, thyme, orange zest, shallots and Cognac. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the snails, salt and a few grindings of pepper, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 20 minutes. Transfer the snails to the shells and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.