- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 ounces vermicelli or angel hair pasta, broken into 2-inch lengths (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cups long-grain white rice
- 8 cups chicken stock, warmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Stir in the vermicelli and pine nuts and cook over high heat until golden brown, 3 minutes. Stir in the rice. Add the chicken stock, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of white pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes, until the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed. Uncover, fluff with a fork and cover again. Let stand for 20 minutes. Stir in half of the mint; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the rice to a bowl. Garnish with the remaining mint and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.