- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 8 hors d'oeuvres
Despite the French Armagnac, this dish is based on the Chinese recipe for drunken shrimp. If you can find tiny, wholepreferably liveshrimp in Chinatown, eat them with the shell.
- 1/4 cup Armagnac or other brandy
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a shallow dish, add the Armagnac to the shrimp; marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and drain lightly on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add half of the shrimp and stir-fry over high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 1 minute total. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining oil and shrimp. Serve immediately.