- One 1/2-pound piece of young provolone cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Grilled bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. Rub the provolone all over with olive oil. Grill the cheese over moderately high heat for about 2 minutes per side or until it starts to melt and grill marks appear. Transfer the cheese to a metal baking dish, sprinkle with the oregano and crushed red pepper and set the dish over the grill. Cook until the cheese has just started to melt and is browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with grilled bread.