- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pounds skirt steak
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the onion, bell peppers, garlic, olive oil and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the skirt steak with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat for about 3 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and medium rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak on the diagonal and pass the salsa separately.
A Cabernet Sauvignon will have tannins that are beefy, just like a good Argentine asado.