- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pounds skirt steak
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the onion, bell peppers, garlic, olive oil and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the skirt steak with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat for about 3 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and medium rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak on the diagonal and pass the salsa separately.
A Cabernet Sauvignon will have tannins that are beefy, just like a good Argentine asado.