Aqua di Vida Spiced Sangria
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN plus 1 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: 8
This citrusy red wine sangria is spiced with star anise and cloves.
- One 750-milliliter bottle dry red wine, preferably Tannat
- 1 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 orange, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 Pink Lady apple, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 1/2 cups dry sparkling wine, such as cava
- Ice, for serving
- In a large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients except the sparkling wine and ice. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour. Add the sparkling wine and serve over ice.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.