- One 1-inch piece of fresh lemongrass (tender inner bulb)
- 3/4 ounce Lavender Orgeat (see Note)
- 1 1/2 ounces Old Tom gin
- 1/2 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honeysuckle powder (optional; see Note)
- 1 tablespoon whole-milk vanilla yogurt
- 3 drops of Peychaud’s bitters, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lemongrass with the Lavender Orgeat. Add the gin, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, honeysuckle powder and yogurt. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the bitters.
Lavener Orgeat: In a liquid measuring cup, combine 1 ounce dried lavender with 4 ounces orgeat (almond-flavored syrup) and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the infused orgeat into a jar and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Makes about 4 ounces.
Honeysuckle power is available at apothecaries and from amazon.com