- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon minced serrano chile
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, blend the butter with the ginger, garlic and chile and season with salt and pepper.
In a large, deep skillet of boiling salted water, blanch the snap peas until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Add the ginger butter and the snap peas to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is just melted and coats the snap peas, about 2 minutes. Serve right away.
The ginger butter can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.