- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 oil-packed anchovy fillet, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 8 thin slices seedless cucumber
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- In a food processor, combine the salmon with the lemon zest, 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Pulse until the salmon is finely chopped but not pureed. Form the salmon mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the mayonnaise with the scallion, anchovy, tarragon, parsley, dill, lemon juice and capers until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and scrape the dressing into a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill pan or light a grill. Grill the salmon burgers over moderately high heat until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the salmon burgers to a plate. Grill the buns until toasted.
- Spread the buns with the green goddess dressing and set a salmon burger on each bun. Top the burgers with the cucumber, tomato and avocado slices. Close the burgers and serve.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson Photo Published