Pumpernickel and Salami Tea Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 1/2 DOZEN TEA SANDWICHES
These appealingly salty sandwiches are delicious with smoky tea, like Lapsang Souchang.
More Sandwich Recipes
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Twelve 1/4-inch-thick slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- In a small bowl, blend the cream cheese with the chives and season with salt and pepper.
- On a work surface, spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of the chive cream cheese. Top 6 of the bread slices with 2 slices of salami. Spread 1 tablespoon of chive cream cheese over the salami and top with 2 salami slices. Close the sandwiches and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each length on the diagonal to make 1 1/2- to 2-inch diamond shaped sandwiches and serve immediately.
Make AheadThe sandwiches can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.