Lemony Grilled Chicken Kebabs
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN PLUS 3 HR MARINATING
- SERVINGS: 4
These traditional Israeli shishlik, or chicken shish Michael Solomonov, the open-coal technique makes the meat that much juicier.
Amazing Chicken Recipes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Ground sumac, for dusting (see Note)
- Tahini, for serving
- In a blender or food processor, puree the onion with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish, coat the chicken thighs with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 12.
- Light a grill. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Thread the chicken thighs onto four 10-inch metal skewers. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Lightly dust each skewer with ground sumac. Serve right away, with tahini for dipping alongside.
NotesSumac, a tangy Middle Eastern spice, is available at specialty shops and online at Kalustyan's.