Creamy Peruvian Chile Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 3/4 CUPS
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large jalapeños, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 1 large serrano chile with seeds, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Hass avocado
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the jalapeños, serrano, onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat until the vegetables are tender and the water is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the avocado and puree until smooth. With the machine on, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and puree until creamy. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.