- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup salted, roasted sunflower seeds
- In a mini food processor, puree the scallion with the olive oil and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the pea shoots, avocado, grape tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson Photo Published