Baked Stuffed Clams
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
To save time and effort, have your fishmonger shuck the clams for you.
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, shucked and coarsely chopped—36 half-shells rinsed and reserved
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the upper third. Spoon the chopped clams into the reserved shells and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the panko with the parsley, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until it resembles moist sand; season very lightly with salt and pepper. If the panko seems too dry, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Spoon the panko over the clams and press lightly. Dot each clam with a small cube of butter.
- Bake the clams until the crumbs are sizzling and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.