- SERVINGS: 6
At Patina, Joachim Splichal serves this refreshing summer dessert soup with the Pistachio Biscotti.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 large fresh apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup dry Champagne, chilled
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine the sugar with 1 cup of water and stir over moderately low heat until the syrup is clear, about 4 minutes. Pour into a heat-proof bowl.
- In the same saucepan, cover the apricots with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until pulpy, about 25 minutes. Stir in the syrup.
- Strain the apricot soup through a fine sieve into a nonmetallic bowl and refrigerate until chilled or for up to 1 day. Stir in the Champagne just before serving.
A flute of Veuve Clicquot Demi-Sec is an ideal partner for Splichal's Apricot Soup, which owes its own hint of effervescence to a splash of dry Champagne.