- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR Plus overnight marinating
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 1/2 cups
This nut butter-jam hybrid offers the best of both worlds. It's rich and nutty from the praline paste, and sweet and fruity from the apricots.
- 1 1/4 pounds apricots, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons hazelnut praline paste (4 1/2 ounces); see Note
- In a medium saucepan, combine the apricots, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cover and let stand overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the apricot mixture over high heat, stirring frequently, until the fruit is translucent and jammy, about 15 minutes. Spoon one-fourth of the mixture into a mini food processor, add the praline paste and puree until smooth. Scrape the puree into the saucepan and stir to combine. Transfer the apricot-praline butter to a bowl and let cool.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.