- 1 1/4 pounds apricots, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons hazelnut praline paste (4 1/2 ounces); see Note
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the apricots, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cover and let stand overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the apricot mixture over high heat, stirring frequently, until the fruit is translucent and jammy, about 15 minutes. Spoon one-fourth of the mixture into a mini food processor, add the praline paste and puree until smooth. Scrape the puree into the saucepan and stir to combine. Transfer the apricot-praline butter to a bowl and let cool.
The butter can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.
You can buy hazelnut praline paste at specialty food shops and directly from kingarthurflour.com.