- 1 cup dried apricots (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the mustard, salt and pepper. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and simmer over moderately high heat until the apricots are soft, about 15 minutes. remove from the heat and let cool.
- Transfer the contents of the saucepan to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl and stir in the mustard. Season with salt and black pepper. Thin the mustard with water if it seems too thick. Let cool, then transfer the mustard to a glass jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.