- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large shallots, minced (1 cup)
- 4 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and minced (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 12 dried apricots, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly melted and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Pour in the vinegar and stir until the caramel dissolves. Stir in the shallots, ginger, apricot nectar, dried apricots and thyme. Cook over moderately high heat until the shallots and apricots are tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chutney to a small bowl. Stir in the mint and season with salt. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
The chutney can be ?refrigerated for up to a week. Bring to ?room temperature before serving.