- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 cups
Fresh apricots become a tangy fruit butter that’s perfect with fresh ricotta and crackers or simple buttered toast.
- 3 1/2 pounds fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 cups apricot juice or nectar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- One pinch salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover partially and simmer over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until the apricots are very tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until very thick, about 1 hour.
- Scrape the apricot mixture into a food processor and let cool slightly, then puree until very smooth. Transfer the apricot butter to jars and let cool completely. Close the jars and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.