- 2 pounds firm, ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 8 whole almonds
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375° and set a rack in the bottom third. Place the apricots in a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish, such as a 10-inch round dish.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar until fine, about 30 seconds. Add the lemon zest and process for 5 to 10 seconds. Scrape the sugar mixture over the apricots and toss. Scatter the raspberries and blueberries over the apricots and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- In the food processor, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, oats and the remaining 3/4 cup of light brown sugar; process for 10 seconds. Add the butter and pulse just until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit and bake for 55 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbling. Let the crumble cool on a wire rack and serve.