Applesauce with Dried Cranberries
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
- 2 1/4 pounds large McIntosh apples peeled, quartered and cored
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Three 1-by-3-inch strips of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large saucepan, bring the apples, lemon juice and zest, sugar, sparkling cider and cranberries to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the apples soften, 20 minutes; stir to break up the apples slightly. Transfer to a bowl; discard the lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.