- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
How to make this recipe
Whisk the quinoa into a saucepan of boiling salted water and boil until the grains are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa and let it cool.
In a medium bowl, toss together the apples, scallions, vinegar, oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the quinoa and season with salt and pepper to taste. Crumble walnuts over salad and serve.