- 2 pounds all-butter puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator if frozen
- 4 medium Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples—peeled, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cinnamon, for dusting
- Late Harvest Riesling Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry 1/4 inch thick. Using a pan lid as a guide, cut out eight 51/2-inch rounds. Prick the pastry rounds with a fork. Transfer to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Arrange the apple slices on the pastry, overlapping them slightly. Sprinkle each tart with 1/2 tablespoon of the sugar and bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and transfer the tarts to individual plates. Sprinkle the tarts with cinnamon and top each one with a scoop of Late Harvest Riesling Ice Cream. Garnish with the candied ginger and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.