- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, coarsely shredded
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Toast the pecans in a pie plate for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, toss the mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, apples, carrots and bell peppers. Just before serving, add the dressing, pecans and chives and toss well.
Make AheadThe dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Let the toasted pecans stand at room temperature.