- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, coarsely shredded
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped chives
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Toast the pecans in a pie plate for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, toss the mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, apples, carrots and bell peppers. Just before serving, add the dressing, pecans and chives and toss well.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Let the toasted pecans stand at room temperature.