Apple Pie Granita
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN 4 hrs freezing
- SERVINGS: 8
The Good News Natural-style apple juiceless filtered than regularis high in vitamin C and antioxidants. Here, Emeril Lagasse transforms it into a refreshing granita.
- 3 cups natural-style apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground allspice
- In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved, 3 minutes. Pour into an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Freeze until icy around the edges, about 1 hour. Using a fork, scrape the icy shards into the center. Continue to freeze, stirring occasionally, until slushy throughout, about 3 hours longer. Scoop into bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.