Apple-Nut Breakfast Porridge
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN Plus Overnight Soaking
- SERVINGS: 1
Apples are a great source of fiber and vitamin C. Coarsely chopped with ground nuts and ginger, they make for a zingy riff on porridge.
Plus: More Healthy Recipes and Tips
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped raw nuts, such as almonds, hazelnuts or Brazil nuts, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 dried white figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried goji berries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- In a food processor, grind the nuts. Add the apple, figs and ginger; pulse until chunky. Transfer the porridge to a bowl. Top with the goji berries and ground flax.
NotesOne Serving 277 cal, 10 gm fat, 0.7 gm sat fat, 48 gm carb, 9 gm fiber.