Apple Muesli with Goji Berries
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN Plus overnight chilling
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 cups
"You can make this with any grain or fruit that goes with yogurt," says Malin Elmlid. For her version of this cold cereal, she uses plain rolled grains, like oats or spelt, moistened with apples, coconut water and yogurt. When a friend brought her a goji-berry tree to barter for bread, she added a few berries right from the branch.
- 2 large apples, such as Granny Smith
- 1 cup rolled oats, kamut or spelt
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 1/4 cups coconut water
- 1 1/4 cups plain 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh berries, granola and chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Using a box grater set over a large bowl, coarsely grate the apples, stopping when you reach the core. Add the rolled oats, flax seeds, coconut water, yogurt, goji berries and mint to the bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover the muesli and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix the honey and salt into the muesli and spoon into bowls. Garnish with berries, granola and nuts and serve.