- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Plain yogurt and maple syrup, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the pumpkin seeds in a pie plate and toast for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, bring the cider and cranberries to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderate heat until the cranberries burst, about 2 minutes. Stir in the oats, apple and cinnamon and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the oats are cooked, about 7 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin seeds and turn off the heat. Let the oatmeal stand for 10 minutes, or until thick. Serve with the yogurt and maple syrup.