Apple-Cinnamon Tortilla Strips
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 CUPS
Homey cinnamon sugar combines with apple jelly to glaze these tortilla strips with a flavor reminiscent of apple pie. For savory teriyaki-coated snacks, see variation. One low-fat flour tortilla contains one gram of fat.
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes and Tips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Four 6-inch low-fat flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- Variation Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. In a large bowl, toss the tortilla strips with the apple jelly and the cinnamon sugar. Spread the strips on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- In a nonreactive saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons apple jelly with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoon tabasco over moderate heat. Toss the tortilla strips with the glaze and bake as directed above.