- SERVINGS: 20 servings (about 16 cups)
This is a light, tangy, highly seasoned slaw made with cabbage and our homemade spice blend.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- One 2-pound head Savoy cabbagehalved, cored and shredded
- 6 large carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 12 large scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Home Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Thinly slice the apples. Cut the slices into matchsticks and transfer to a bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss well. Add the cabbage, carrots, scallions and parsley.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple juice, vinegar, olive oil, Home Spice Mix, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Make AheadThe slaw can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.