© David Malosh
Apple-Butter Ice Cream with Ginger-Chocolate Ganache
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- Gingersnaps, for serving
- Soften the vanilla ice cream in the microwave at high power for 10 seconds. Transfer the softened ice cream to a medium bowl and flatten it with a rubber spatula. Spread the apple butter on top and fold the ice cream over the apple butter 2 or 3 times. Freeze the ice cream until it is firm, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chopped chocolate at high power in 10-second bursts. Whisk the heavy cream into the chocolate. Put the grated ginger in a fine strainer set over the chocolate ganache and press to extract as much of the ginger juice as possible. Whisk the ginger juice into the chocolate ganache.
- Scoop the apple-butter ice cream into bowls, drizzle with the ginger-chocolate ganache and serve with gingersnaps.