© Rob Howard
Apple-Brandy Hot Toddies
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 8 drinks
A hot toddy is basically a shot or two of any potent spirit added to a cup of hot water. At Paley's Place in Portland, Oregon, bartender Suzanne Bozarth puts a French spin on this warming drink with a slug of apple brandy, such as Calvados.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups apple brandy, preferably Calvados
- Eight 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- In small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice and apple brandy. Set a cinnamon stick in each of 8 mugs or heatproof glasses, pour in the hot liquid and serve.