- 2 Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored, halved lengthwise and sliced paper thin
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pint blueberries (3 cups)
- 1 pint raspberries (3 cups)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Heavy cream, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice, granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Spread the apples in two 9-inch glass pie plates and top with the blueberries and raspberries.
In another medium bowl, toss the oats with the light brown sugar, flour, ginger, salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Using your fingers, mix in the butter until crumbly.
Spread the topping over the berries. Set the pie plates on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Serve the berry crumbles with heavy cream.