- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
At tiny Frasca Food and Wine, Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson (an F&W Best New Chef 2005) is famous for his Friulian food. When Frasca moves to a bigger space later this year, he'll open a casual café serving dishes like chopped salads made with greens grown on the roof.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces thickly sliced Genoa salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium head of radicchio, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium head of frisée, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 2 cups baby arugula (2 ounces)
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the red wine vinegar. Whisk in the minced shallot and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add all of the remaining ingredients, toss well and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.