© Chris Court
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This hearty, fast and easy pasta is a terrific combination of spicy, salty, sweet and briny flavors.
Slideshow: More Fast Pastas
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2-ounce can anchovies, drained and chopped
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound broccoli—cut into small florets, stems peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped hot Peppadew peppers
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta just until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the anchovies and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli florets and stems and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, cover and cook until the broccoli is tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Mash the broccoli coarsely.
- Add the pasta, Peppadews and the 1/2 cup of Parmigiano to the skillet and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water and cook, tossing, until the pasta is coated with a light sauce, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve in bowls, passing extra Parmigiano on the side.