- 1 pound farfalle
- 1/4 cup pickled hot peppers, such as pepperoncini or cherry peppers, plus 3 tablespoons pickling juice from the jar
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced soppressata, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup thickly sliced roasted red peppers from a jar (8 ounces)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and cool under running water. Pat dry.
In a large bowl, whisk the pickling juice with the oregano. Gradually pour in the oil in a thin stream, whisking until the dressing emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta, pickled peppers, soppressata, provolone, roasted peppers and onion and toss to combine. Transfer to plates and serve.
The pasta salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.