Angel Hair with Green-and-Yellow-Tomato Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 pound yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound ripe green heirloom tomatoes, such as Green Zebra, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, shallots, basil and sage. Season with salt.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain and transfer to the large bowl. Toss well with the butter; serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.