Â© Lucy Schaeffer
Angel Hair Pasta with Red Pepper Pesto and Basil
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson (an soups
More Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup shaved pecorino cheese
- Roast the red peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning occasionally, until charred all over. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Peel, core and chop the peppers.
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until golden, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer the peppers and pine nuts to a blender. Add the garlic and whole basil leaves and blend until coarsely chopped. Add the olive oil and puree to a chunky pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and cool slightly under running water. Transfer the pasta to a bowl and toss with the pesto. Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Top with the chopped basil and pecorino and serve at room temperature.
Citrusy, peppery Spanish Verdejo.