© Tina Rupp
Angel-Hair Pasta with Crab and Country Ham
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin slices of country ham or prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/2 pound dried angel-hair pasta
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the ham and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until hot; using tongs, transfer to a plate.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened, 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, 2 minutes. Add the crab and thyme and toss until hot.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the ham, pasta, reserved cooking water and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish the pasta with the parsley and serve in bowls.
Crisp Pinot Blanc.