- 7 medium tomatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and seeded
- 2 cucumbers (about 1 pound)—peeled, halved, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- One 46-ounce jar tomato juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped yellow bell pepper and snipped chives, for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the cucumbers, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, chopped parsley, fresh basil, dried basil, oregano, olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- In a blender, puree the mixture in batches until nearly smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the tomato juice and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the gazpacho for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Season the soup again if necessary and transfer to bowls. Garnish with yellow bell pepper, chives and parsley leaves and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.