- 1 pound andouille sausage, finely diced
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and hot sauce, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400°. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the andouille over moderately high heat until the fat is rendered and the andouille is browned, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the andouille to a paper towel-lined plate.
Add the potatoes to the skillet and stir to coat with fat. Cover and cook over moderately low heat until the potatoes are tender and browned, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and heat them in the oven.
Add the andouille, jalapeño, scallions and cilantro to the potatoes and stir well. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Pass the warmed tortillas, cheese, sour cream and hot sauce at the table.