- 1 cup quinoa (about 7 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup finely diced bell peppers, preferably a mix of green, red and yellow
- 1/2 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 scallion, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, rinse the quinoa under cold running water for 2 minutes; drain. Transfer the quinoa to a medium saucepan, add the water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 17 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil and lime juice. Add the bell peppers, cucumber, mint, jalapeño, scallion and quinoa and toss. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Make AheadThe quinoa salad can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours before serving.