- 3 large russet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 flat anchovy filletsrinsed, dried and minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced scallion greens
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch chunks. steam the potatoes, covered, until very tender, about 20 minutes. Press the potatoes through a ricer or the medium disk of a food mill set over a bowl.
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened. Add the anchovies and stir until melted. Stir in the milk and heavy cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the potatoes and stir until smooth and warmed through. Stir in the scallion greens and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.