- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
This Provençal puree of anchovies with garlic and olive oil can be spread on toast or served as a dip. Don't worry if some bones remain in the anchovies—just think of them as added calcium.
- 10 whole salt-packed anchovies (see Note)—rinsed, filleted and coarsely chopped, or 20 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aged red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Grilled or toasted bread, for serving
- In a food processor, combine the anchovies with the garlic and pulse until pureed. Blend in the butter. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the olive oil, a few tablespoons at a time, until incorporated. Stir in the vinegar and season with pepper. To serve, spread the Anchoïade on the grilled bread or put it out in a bowl alongside the toasts.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.