Ancho Chile-Rubbed Chicken Tacos
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 8 small tacos
Fruity ancho chile powder has a slight warming heat. For spicier tacos, top them with slices of jalapeño.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Cilantro leaves, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the chile powder, cumin and salt. Add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook over high heat, turning occasionally, until nicely browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- On a microwave-safe plate, microwave the tortillas at high power for 30 seconds, until soft and pliable. Serve the chicken with the tortillas, lime wedges, cilantro leaves and sour cream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.